As part of our anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy practice, Soerensen Garcia engages with Brazilian Customs authorities to help prevent the entry of illegitimate products into the country and its markets. We respond to notifications and provide required information to the Customs offices. In addition, we provide training to assist the authorities in identifying fakes that replicate our clients’ genuine goods.
We seek practical and effective results by:
- Coordinating with the Brazilian Customs offices responsible for the borders and ports where counterfeit goods enter the country
- Providing information regarding suspected counterfeit movement and shipments
- Assisting in the identification of counterfeit goods, and arranging for authentication of goods
- Ensuring seizure and later disposition of counterfeit goods by the authorities
- Initiating and coordinating administrative, civil, and criminal actions
- Participating in training programs for Customs officials