Barbara Cattete Dias
Barbara has extensive experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications in Brazil and worldwide. She assists in validity and infringement opinions, freedom to operate analysis and due diligence reviews. She has special knowledge in biological industries and technologies, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, biotechnology, plant varieties, microorganisms, and chemical products.
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (COPPE-UFRJ), Institute Luiz Coimbra for Specialization and Research of Engineering, Masters in Biomedical Engineering, 2009
- Universidade do Rio de Janeiro- UNIRIO, Biomedical Sciences with emphasis in Genetics and Molecular Biology, 2005
- Industrial Property Agent registered at the Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office
- Winner, Informa WORLDLeaders International IP Excellence in Patent Practice / Litigation Latin America 2009
Select Publications and Engagements
- Coauthor. “The Politics of Patent Protection,” discussing pharmaceutical and biotech patents in Brazil, Life Sciences Intellectual Property Review, 2009