Soerensen Garcia advises and assists clients in the intellectual property aspects of business matters, such as contracts, financial and general commercial transactions, mergers, acquisitions, sales, franchises, technology transfers and licenses. We also conduct due diligence investigations in connection with intellectual property transactions. Our services include:
- Advising on the IP aspects of corporate transactions, contracts, licenses, and technology transfers; negotiating, drafting agreements, and conducting due diligence
- Advising on valuation issues and tax considerations in intellectual property transactions
- Developing and assessing licensing structures, including their tax implications
- Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating agency, licensing, distribution, development and joint venture agreements and other strategic alliances
- Advising on competition laws
- Counseling on assignments and secured interests
- Preparing and recording assignments, licenses, mergers, changes of company names, and other changes in ownership.