Soerensen Garcia advises clients on patent and industrial design protection and licensing. We also assist our clients in developing strategies for countering competitive patent positions. In addition, we evaluate and conduct audits of patent portfolios and conduct due diligence investigations.
Our overarching goal is to help our clients meet their business objectives and remain competitive. To this end, our lawyers and technical professionals collaborate to advise clients on how best to leverage their intellectual property assets in licensing, assignments, and other commercial transactions, as well as in corporate acquisitions, mergers, or other forms of combinations or divestments; and we draft and negotiate the various agreements that effectuate these changes in interests.
We provide our clients in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical fields with both legal and regulatory advice on issues that affect their businesses. We also advise them on trade-secret protection and licenses as alternatives to patent protection or as extensions of their patent rights, where appropriate.
Soerensen Garcia provides a full range of patent and industrial design services, including:
- Conducting prior art searches and advice on patentability and protectability
- Providing opinions on the validity of third-party patents, counterfeiting, and freedom to operate
- Negotiating licenses and non-assert arrangements
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting patent applications and managing patent portfolios in Brazil and internationally
- Filing applications for the registration of industrial designs to protect the form and ornamental characteristics of a product
- Litigating patent validity, infringement, and contractual agreements
- Advising on commercialization and optimization of patent rights