With the expansion of agribusiness and the growing importance of biotechnology, the protection of new plant varieties has become increasingly important to our clients. Soerensen Garcia’s team of attorneys and biotechnology experts have significant experience in creating and defending valuable IP rights in plant varietals and genetic improvements in plants.
- Researching the state of the art regarding a particular genetic advance
- Providing opinions on patentability, validity and non-infringement
- Advising on strategies for commercialization of rights, protection, and portfolio management
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications
- Advising on and negotiating technology transfer agreements and licenses
- Enforcing rights through cease and desist letters, litigation and negotiating settlements