Soerensen Garcia offers comprehensive trademark services for domestic and international clients. We evaluate the strength of proposed marks, clear and register marks, provide infringement opinions, enforce our clients’ trademarks, and manage trademark portfolios and litigation, in Brazil and throughout the world. We also advise our clients on global anti-counterfeiting, parallel trade strategies, rights of publicity, advertising, and acquiring and maintaining domain names.
Soerensen Garcia also assists our clients in commercializing their rights by drafting and negotiating licenses, consent agreements, assignments, purchases and sales, and other strategic arrangements. We conduct intellectual property audits and due diligence investigations for these transactions to ensure that our clients’ intellectual property assets are leveraged and protected to meet clients’ business objectives and maximize their revenues.
Soerensen Garcia has extensive litigation experience in the enforcement and protection of trademark rights. Our services include:
- Conducting trademark searches and providing counseling on selection, clearance, prosecution, and enforcement
- Advising on labeling, packaging, advertising and promotion
- Directing anti-counterfeiting activities and Customs actions
- Enforcing trademark rights through cease-and-desist letters and negotiated settlements
- Drafting and negotiating trademark licenses and assignments
- Developing strategic trademark portfolio management
- Developing brand guidelines for the proper use of trademarks
- Monitoring trademark applications filed by third parties and filing oppositions and cancellations to protect our clients’ marks
- Representing clients in domain name enforcement and Internet-related litigation
- Representing clients in international and domestic trademark disputes
- Defending clients in from claims of trademark infringement and developing strategies to avoid infringement risks