Soerensen Garcia assists its clients in stopping acts of unfair competition, such as using confusingly similar packaging, distributing misleading advertising, or selling “copy-cat” products. We also work with clients through their design process to help them avoid claims of unfair competition from competitors. When disputes arise, we negotiate and draft settlements and, when necessary, represent our clients in litigation.
- Monitoring and taking action against use of similar marks and trade dress that amounts to “passing off”
- Advising clients on avoiding claims of unfair competition by differentiating packaging, marks and websites
- Enforcing rights through cease and desist letters and negotiated settlements
- Advising on disputes with unauthorized “dealers”
- Challenging misleading advertising